Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Experience

Becoming part of this Figurative Drawing course was an idea I had to get me back into drawing more than anything else. However, once our classes started I realized that I should take it as an opportunity to learn different techniques, the history of several painters, and use my time wisely to try to draw the best I could in each assignment we were given during class. I tried to follow the advice the professor would suggest during my drawings and I looked for way to improve each week to make my images look more real and full of texture. In addition, the class got me interested in learning about non-traditional artists as well as learn more about the paintings and painters I already liked such as Jean-Pierre Cot and Andy Warhol. In fact, I wanted to learn more about artists that reflected my culture and as a result, I dedicated my last research assignment to Oswaldo Guayasamin, an Ecuadorian painter, sculptor, and human rights fighter. Overall, this class helped me relearn a lot of drawings techniques that I now will dedicate myself to practice more often in my drawings and helped me appreciate art as a whole and realize the impact it had and has in our culture and social.

No comments:

Post a Comment